This is an overview page of microscopes, including 3 main subcategories:
1. Microscope history, parts, and types
2. Microscope stains, and techniques
3. Microscope activities and ideas
Posts related to each category are list on the left.
Microscope history, parts, and types
- What is a Microscope? Function and Magnification
- Who Invented the Microscope? History of Microscope
- Different types of Microscopes – light microscope, electron microscope, scanning probe microscope.
- Compound Microscope Parts – Labeled Diagram and their Functions
- Parts of Stereo Microscope (Dissecting microscope) – labeled diagram, functions, and how to use it
- Fluorescence Microscope
- Advanced Microscopy on the Frontier of Science
- 5 Science Facts Behind Astonishing Electron Microscope Images
- Unique Gift Ideas for Microscopes
- USB Digital Microscope Review
Microscope stains and techniques
- The Beginner’s Guide to Microscopy
- How to Choose the Right Microscope (Compound Microscope vs. Stereo Microscope)
- How to Mount a Microscope Slide
- Microscopy Stains
- Biological Stains for Microscope You Can Find at Home
- How to Use Microscope Immersion Oil to Get Higher Resolution Images
- What is Kohler illumination, why is it important, and how to do it?
- How to Use a Hemocytometer to Count Cells
- 13 Tips You Should Know about Taking Care of Your Microscope
- How to Set Up Microscope Stations During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Microscope activities and ideas
- Lesson 1: Prepare a Working Space and Protect Yourself
- Lesson 2: Mount a Slide & “Look at Your Cheek Cells“
- Lesson 3: Onion Dissection & “Look at the Plant Cells”
- Lesson 4: How to Use a Microtome & “Amazing Cross-section of a Stem”
- Lesson 5: How to Do Scale Casting with Clear Nail Polish & See “Microtopography”
- Lesson 6: Pond Life Hunter & “A World in a Drop of Water”
- Lesson 7: Grow Your Own Yeasts & Use a Hemocytometer to “Count Cell Density”
- 10 Everyday Things You Should Look at Under a Microscope
- Hair Under a Microscope
- Sand Under a Microscope
- Fern Spores Under a Microscope
- Pollen under a Microscope
- Flower Petals under a Microscope
- How to Find Tardigrades (Water Bears)
- How to See Bacteria on Your Hand (Bacteria Handprint)
- Observing Bacteria Under the Microscope – Gram Stain Steps
- Can You See Viruses Under a Microscope?
- What Living Things You Can See Under a Light Microscope?
- What is Cytoplasmic Streaming?